When we visited Cook Forest, we stayed at Kalyumet Campground in Lucinda. It is very close to Cook Forest State Park and its location convenient to our planned activities.
|Click here for a map of the campground. We were in site 8.|
What we liked:
- Wooded lots
- Clean bathrooms and showers
- Friendly staff
- Little store on-site
- Internet access (not fast, but it is there)
What we didn’t like:
- It was crowded; not much privacy
- Sites are on top of one another; close your camper curtains!
- This is a family campground. It seemed everyone knew each other. Passer-thrus (us) felt a bit out of place.
All in all, we would probably stay again and would recommend it highly if you camped to meet new people and hang loose at the site for the week. On this trip, we went specifically to hike and used our Aliner pretty much like a hotel room. http://www.kalyumet.com/images/Kalyumet%20Map2007.jpg
Leave a Reply